As a pet dog owner, you will never compromise on things which make your pet extra cozy and comfy. For dogs, who are good sleepers and like to spend time in their own space, choosing a bed is not simple. There are some criteria you must go through before selecting the appropriate mattress for your pet.
The following things must be considered in your mind, like
- Your dog’s age
- health conditions
- activity level
- sleeping habits
You can also consider the size of the bed according to the space allotted for your dog and will that match with your room décor. Also, you can wisely choose the shape and colour of your pet’s bed.
Choosing the size of your pet dog mattress
For determining the size of pet bed to bought, it completely depends on the size and age of your pet. For an adult dog, measure the length of your pet when they sleep, from nose to tail. Add 10-12 inches to that measurement and fix it as the length or diameter of your pet’s bed.
For a puppy you can choose a smaller bed, but if you’re spending good amount for the bed, experts advice to choose a bed which can be used by them even after grown up. you can add blankets or padding to a larger bed to help your puppy feel secure.
Choosing the shape of dog bed
As a dog owner of a particular breed of dog, you can watch your pets’ habits while sleeping, like are they cuddling up or trying to sleep in a corner or stretches complete or they prefer our couch to lean, etc. By watching them we will get an idea of what type of bed will be helpful for your pet pal.
If your pet tends to chew everything, you’re not recommended for investing on a higher priced mattress. Choosing a low-cost one will help you replace later, without tearing your purse.
There are different forms of dog beds, let’s have a look at it.
- Buy mat type dog mattress, if your Dog sleeps almost anywhere. So you can even put these mats on couches or any of furniture to protects them. And these are easy to carry also. You can even use on car seats and they are cheaper compared to other beds available for dogs. Washing and maintenance is also easier.
- Choose pillow mattress or rectangular pillow bed, if your dogs are scrawlers or are used to stretch their arms and knees while sleeping. Don’t forget to buy a bed cover to protect the bed and foam inside, also making cleaning procedure more comfortable.
- Buy bolster-type mattress for your leaner fur friend. This suits for those dogs who like to sleep on sofas, because these are mini sofa like beds.
- Choose doughnut-shaped bed or nest bed for your cuddlier pet friend. As the shape says, these are more comfortable and cozy type mattress for your dog. These also help in retaining the heat well for those dogs who hesitate to sleep on the floor.
- Look for cave style or tend beds for your pet dog, if they like to burrow or hide inside a place. This ensures them to be less distracted from outside and makes relaxed for those dogs that have an anxiety problem.
Choosing the form of mattress for dogs
While looking at the shape and size of the bed, we mustn’t forget the material of the mattress or if your dog has any special needs or are they easy to maintain. Because in the long run, what matters are these things.
The material for the dog mattress comes in a variety of ways, and the higher the price tag for the bed, the higher will be the quality and durability of the bed. Like,
- waterproof beds are easy to maintain or less you need a waterproof mattress cover to protect them.
- Cedar filled mattresses are there which help from bad odors coming from the ordinary dog bed. And this also helps in giving your pet a good smell.
- You can go for hypoallergenic fillings to protect your pet dog who are allergic to many materials.
For dogs with special needs, that is if your dog is suffering from any joint pain or arthritis or any health issues, using an orthopedic bed is advisable.
Orthopedic beds made of high-density memory foam conform to your dog’s shape and offer comfort and support for easing your dog’s aches and pains. Memory forms holds on odour, so it is recommended to use a waterproof bed cover to ease the cleaning process of the bed.
Of all the above recommendations, you have to choose the mattress which are easy to clean because, Dog beds need to be cleaned often to control odors, fleas, and dirt. The outer cover should be washed every week or two.
what is the best dog bed for chewers?
The top brands available for cheer dogs and those dogs that damage their beds soon have an option of mattresses which are chew resistant. The top dog beds listed for chewers according to customer reviews are:
- Barkbox thick orthopaedic gel memory form bed
- K9 ballistics original tough bed
- Big barker pillow top orthopaedic bed
- Kuranda chew proof elevated bed
- Petfusion ultimate pet bed
what is the most comfortable dog bed ?
The most comfortable dog bed for your dog may differ from that is mostly suitable for other dogs. It’s always wise to choose a dog bed according to your pet’s habit of sleeping. You can choose from a wide variety of pet dog mattresses available through our website, petfoodsonline.
Is memory foam bed toxic to dogs ?
The flame retardants used in memory foam bed are toxic chemicals, knowingly or unknowingly, which can bring many diseases to your pet. But by choosing a good branded memory foam bed or those without flame retardants, you are safe to go.
Choose best dog beds through our website, pet food online, from the UAE. You can also buy best dog beds on sale through the same.
where to buy dog beds cheap?
You can buy all kinds of dog beds, mattresses, mattress covers, washable mattresses, waterproof mattresses and covers for your pet dog through, pet food online, at the best price in town. Choose from the most comfortable beds available for your pet dog.
We provide the best dog beds starting with the lowest price to the expensive dog beds for your puppies and adult dogs alike.