Everyone loves a snacking time in between our main meals, likely, our fur pets. Dog treats help in building a relationship between the new owner and their pet; also, it serves as a way of rewarding your pet. Let’s discuss more dog treats or puppy treats here.
Even though there are a lot of combinations of dog treats available, choosing the appropriate one is tricky. We need to realize that not all treats are created equal. Some of the typical dog treats are empty calories. At the same time, some other gifts are often classified as “functional dog treats” because they have been embedded with some supplemental nutrition that your pet can significantly benefit.
We can choose a healthy snack for our dog with some specifications on nutrients and content, that is included in the ingredients list of our dog treats.
- we can choose zero calorie dog treats if your pet dog is already obese or if you’re concerned with its weight.
- You can choose treats with high protein and fats if you are training your dogs which require high energy.
- For senior dogs, choosing dog treats rich in calcium or ingredients help to strengthen joints will be helpful.
- In case of sensitive skin or stomach in your pet, dog treats with fibre and probiotic content will serve well.
The top 5 rated, soft and chewy dog treats include:
- SmartBones SmartSticks Peanut Butter Chews Dog Treats
- USA Bones & Chews Roasted Marrow Bone 6″ Dog Treat
- Milk-Bone Soft & Chewy Beef & Filet Mignon Recipe Dog Treats
- Good ‘n’ Fun Triple Flavor Kabobs Chicken, Duck & Chicken Liver Dog Chews
- Merrick Power Bites Real Texas Beef Recipe Grain-Free Soft & Chewy Dog Treats
So are all these treats healthy and can be eaten by puppies? Let’s discuss in detail below.
Puppy treats and chews
When we come to puppies, like our babies, we won’t need to give them the same snack as an adult. The size of the bite, the hardness of the meal, etc. will make it hard for a pup to have it.
The best puppy treats are needed to be soft and chewy types so that it won’t hurt the teeth and chambers of your young pup. You can select puppy treats that are
- Soft baked treats
- Freeze dried treats
- Jerky treats for puppies.
As puppies at their growing period try to explore things using the mouth, yes! They chew on almost everything. So for teaching good manners and encouraging it, also for satisfying their chewing instinct, chews available for puppies are the best.
So when we check for the best healthy puppy treats for training; the top 5 rated training treats for puppies are
- Stewart Pro-Treat Freeze Dried Liver Treats
- BLUE Bits Salmon Recipe Dog Treats
- Wellness CORE Pure Rewards Soft Beef Jerky Bites
- Old Mother Hubbard Classic Crunchy Natural Puppy Treats
- Wellness Soft Puppy Bite
But if you want to check, are you giving excess treats for puppy or adult dogs, you must be aware of the 10per percent rule. Treats should make up no more than about 10% of your dog’s daily calories. For example, if your dog needs 500 calories per day, they should have no more than 50 calories from treats, with the other 450 coming from their normal food.
What do professional dog trainers use for treats?
For professionals and other dogs, small treats are the key to keeping a training session moving along. Even for large dogs, a pea-sized treat is plenty. Also soft and stinky ones attract them. And giving a variety of treats on other days also keeps them energized for training sessions.
How many training treats can a puppy have?
By each training period, your puppies may have more than a handful of treats every day. So by considering the 10 percent rule , we discussed earlier, what you can keep the size of your treat reduced. Also try to give low calorie treats so even after the training session, they won’t feel full.
How much does it cost for a bag of dog treats ?
The cost mainly depends on the quality and ingredients of the product. Still dog treats have a starting price of AED 38 per kilogram of dog treats.
where to buy dog treats online?
There are many online platforms available to shop for best pet foods. But, pet foods online is the best online shopping site for all your pet needs with hassle free payments and home delivery. Pet foods online provides best offers and prices for buying dog treats online in UAE. Visit our website for more information.